Section B benefits are a type of insurance coverage that is available to drivers in Alberta, Canada. This coverage is designed to provide financial protection for drivers who are injured in car accidents, regardless of who is at fault. Section B benefits are available to drivers who have purchased optional insurance coverage through the Alberta Automobile Insurance Rate Board (AAIRB).
Section B benefits typically include:
- Medical and rehabilitation benefits: These benefits cover the cost of medical treatment and rehabilitation services that are related to the car accident. This may include hospital stays, physician visits, prescription medications, and physical therapy.
- Attendant care benefits: These benefits cover the cost of hiring someone to provide personal care services to the injured person. This may include assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, and cooking.
- Housekeeping and home maintenance benefits: These benefits cover the cost of hiring someone to perform household tasks that the injured person is unable to perform due to their injuries.
- Income replacement benefits: These benefits provide financial assistance to compensate for lost income if the injured person is unable to work due to their injuries.
- Death and funeral benefits: These benefits provide financial assistance to cover funeral expenses and other costs associated with the death of an individual in a car accident.
Overall, Section B benefits provide financial protection for drivers who are injured in car accidents and are unable to work or perform everyday tasks due to their injuries. These benefits are intended to help cover the cost of medical treatment and other expenses related to the accident.